Canon XF codec was developed: A next-generation MPEG-2 4:2:2 full HD file-based recording codec that facilitates the reliable capture of the highest quality video imaging and uncompressed audio. This high quality is ensured with the capability to record 1920×1080 and 1280×720 HD images at up to 50 Mbps (constant bit rate).
Only a few limited formats are supported by MS Movie Maker, e.g. AVI, WMV, MPG, ASF, MP2, MPEG, MP3, WAV, WMA. You need convert MXF to AVI for importing videos to Windows Movie Maker. MXF Video Converter is the recommended MXF to AVI converter, which makes it easy to edit Canon XF MXF videos in MS Movie Maker.
Follow the steps below, and you will find the quickest solution to convert Canon XF MXF video files to Windows Movie Maker (WMM) supported formats.
Step 1. Load Canon XF MXF videos to MXF Video Converter.
Transfer the .mts files from Canon XF300/XF305 MXF camcorder to Windows computer hard drive via USB cable, run MXF Converter as the Canon MXF to AVI converter, and click the “Add” button to load .mxf videos.
Step 2. Choose AVI output format.
Click the “Format” option, and navigate the mouse cursor to Common Video > AVI MSMPEG4-V3 (*.avi) as output format. The MXF to AVI Converter will transcode Canon XF MXF to AVI with original resolution 1920×1080.This process also works for Windows 7 Movie Maker, a.k.a. Windows Live Movie Maker.
As Windows Movie Maker also supports .wmv, .asf, .mpg files, you can choose WMV3 (WMV9)(*.wmv), WMV2 (WMV8)(*.wmv) or ASF (VC-1)(*.asf) from the Common Video group with original video resolution. To get .mpg for Windows Movie Maker with 1080, you may choose HD Video > MPEG-2 HD Video(*mpg) for 1920*1080 video.
Step 3. Edit loaded Canon XF MXF files.(Optional)
Click the button of “Editor” on the menu bar and the editor interface will come out with several editing options.They allow you to crop unwanted parts, trim video length and add some special effects, like aged film, replace audio and add your own watermark to the video.
Step 4. Convert Canon MXF to AVI.
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the conversion from Canon MXF to AVI will start immediately. After the conversion, you may import the output HD videos to Window Movie Maker and mix the slides, pictures to create your home movies.
Tips: The main reason for no video on the output file may lie on that you choose Divx or Xvid for AVI. You may need related codec pack for Windows Movie Maker to work with them. The MSMPEG-4 codec shall work on every Windows PC. The alternative solution is to choose .wmv output.
- Best way to Convert P2 MXF to AVI for editing on Windows Movie Maker
- Convert Canon MXF to WMV - Trancode/Author Canon XF305 MXF to DVD with Windows DVD Maker
- Rip/Backup Blu-ray to MKV and Play MKV movie on WD TV Live Hub: Keep Blu-ray original 1080p video,Dolby Digital 5.1 audio,and multi-subtitles
- Best MXF to Premiere Elements Converter - Edit Panasonic/Canon/Sony MXF to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Elements
- Convert MXF to WMV - Burn/Writer Panasonic P2 DVCPRO MXF to DVD with Windows DVD Maker
- Convert/Edit Panasonic AG-HPX300 MXF to WMV/MOV on Adobe Premiere
- Canon XF105 MXF Converter - Convert/Edit XF105 MXF to WMV/MOV on Adobe Premiere